Paintless Dent Removal Cost
One of the most common questions of paintless dent removal enquiries is the paintless dent removal cost! Good question! Ho much does it cost?
It is very difficult to work out how much hail damage cost. It depends on a few factors.
- extent of damage - how much hail fell on the vehicle and the size is used to determine the cost of the repair. There are quote pricing matrix available to assist in repairs to calculated the paintless dent removal cost
- number of dents - the number of dents on the vehicle on each panel are used to calculate the cost. This is for each panel up to a certain allowable price.
- size of the dents - size of the dents varies the cost because it may be more difficult to repair larger dents.
- depth of the dents - deep dents small or larger can often determine increase in the cost for that dent.
- type of vehicle - the type of vehicle varies from sedans to utes, wagons, vans, and hatchbacks. The type of vehicle affects the quote because of the number of dents on different panels
- parts required - often during violent hailstorms, parts are damaged. These parts need replacing and adds to the quotation. The most common parts affected are the windscreens, mirrors, lights and moulds (sliver or black strips on the windows dent easily)
- which panels were affected - the roof has a larger area and also faces upwards meaning it tends to damage the most. It will generally cost the most up to $900 for vans and station wagons.
- metal gauge - the strength of the gauge of the metal is important. thinner gauge vehicles such as those made in some Asian countries have weaker gauges. This means they tend to dent more readily and the quotation may be higher than other vehicles.
- repainting - if the vehicle has cracked or scratched paint, that particular panel may require painting. This means that a panel beating repair quotation is required.
- luxury cars - such cars may have different types of systems in place then general cars. They often need special car and a long time to repair the vehicle. Parts are more expensive and may be more difficult to remove. So the prices of luxury vehicles are up to 30% higher in a quotation.
Please do not try working out dents yourself. PDR technicians have special lights and also experience in counting even the smallest dents. Most people see hail dents of golf ball damage and larger.
Please also bear in mind if extensive damage is done to the vehicle and it compares in the 80% or some prescribed figure with the value of the vehicle, it can be come an unrepairable write-off! It is mandatory to report hail damage if known.
It is quite common for insurance based work to have to pay an excess. This excess varies between $500 to $1000 normally. The excess has to be included in the paintless dent removal cost. Finally, if you do choose not to repair vehicle for hail damage and then later on you have an accident, you may be required to pay for two excesses!